|520 Main Street, Delhi, LA 71232||318 878-5121|
|The first public library in Delhi was dedicated in April 1931 to the memory of Bettie Benton Cuthbert. Before this, the local book collection was housed and distributed from space borrowed from local merchants.|
The small, one-room brick building stood on the corner of the Dehil High School property for many years. It served not only the general public, but local students in the days before textbooks were provided free by the State.
When this building was torn down, the collection was again hosted by local merchants until the current building was opened in late 1971. Now located at 520 Main Street, the Delhi branch continues to serve as the information hub of the community.